Stay updated with the latest technology trends and news through this blog

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Facebook to introduce “Unsend” feature in Messenger

Facebook planned to announce this “Unsend” feature earlier but now this feature has been introduced in some markets of Poland, Colombia and Bolivia on both iOS and Android and Facebook has promised to capture other markets too. Facebook messenger has allowed its users to remove their messages from the recipient’s inbox. Facebook is also planning to add an expiry date for a single message or the entire message thread so if users want their messages to be deleted after six months, they will be able to remove those messages.

The new “Unsend” feature will appear as an additional option at the bottom of the screen and people can use it with the help of a long press on the message that has been sent. After a long press on the message, users will have options of copy, forward or delete and the new option will be “remove”. By tapping on this option, users can delete the message either for themselves or for all the recipients.

Facebook unsend


Messages can only be removed after the first 10 minutes of delivery to correct any mistake or removing something which is accidentally pushed but “Remove for everyone” button will leave an indicator that the message was retracted and after 10 minutes, user will be able to remove the message, but the message will remain in the recipient’s inbox. Facebook will retain those deleted messages for some time to see the policy violations, if reported.

Facebook has empowered its users to remove any kind of message whether it’s a text or a group chat, a photo, video, a link or any other form of message within 10 minutes of sending but only your side of messages will be deleted from the conversation.

33 comments:

  1. Never thought about such an option, but I believe there would be some application for this. Let's see how it will really work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would have been useful to me just the other day. Good information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sharing! Thank you very much for this amazing article, this is very useful function for every Facebook users!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been anxiously awaiting this feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess this can be very useful for situations when you send a message to the wrong person (some email providers have a similar functionality). Not going to solve the problem of midnight ex texting though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this idea. Because I mean, sometimes you just don't mean to write what you say - or you spell things wrong or something!! I don't use FB messanger too much but more often than not, I wish I could unsend things so I can re-write them LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats crazy! Once it's sent they would be removing it from the persons inbox! Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think havinh the unsent capability would make FB better. Imagine sending something to your boss accidentally. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is perfect! I love that being able to unsent messages is now a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting! Thanks for letting us know about this upcoming update

    ReplyDelete
  11. But it can't "unpush" the notification right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay! that is so needed. i also want twitter to create an edit button for your posts.
    joy at www.thejoyousliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Facebook unsend feature seems promising although I have yet to have seen this implemented. Keshia Richmond

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Facebook is really creative in doing such options. Im that type of person who sends without re reading or maybe thinking sometimes.. Lolz. This option is really for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a very great idea, mark Zuckerberg. You were so creative in making such options i so loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did not know that this feature would be coming to Facebook. Very interesting that your message could be retracted even after 10 minutes of a sent message!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is perfect when you have an error or mistakes you have an option to unsent it great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice feature. It is really often needed to avoid confusion with messed up links as well as to delete something you said being angry (I wanted to use it several times in the past while arguing with hubs when he went out to breath some air)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for letting us know about the future update! Not something id personally use but love how in depth and compelling your article was :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Facebook gets complicated and complicated every update. Naybe itbwas a great features but I never tought of using it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Finally fb introduced it then. It was much needed for people like us. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to use that feature. Very improtant when you send a wrong message unkowingly.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This would be amazing. I can think of so many times I could have used it. Hopefully they'll introduce it for texting next!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this looks like something that was needed to be implemented a long time ago, a few times it could really be helpful, but still I learned to live with my sent messages, no matter what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think it will be a very useful feature. We can finally now delete erroneous messages !!! Thanks for the info !!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good to know! Would definitely be super helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am really bad at sending things to the wrong people so I could really benefit from this new feature.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think this is a very useful thing, kind of like the option to recall a message in outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I will test that suggestion and see if it works on my end. I don't send messages that I want to retract but, it's a great option to have anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That sounds like a good idea, I think. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a great option if you use it properly. I usually need to unsend something if it full of mistakes or wrong info.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is very useful. Good to know it. I would love to use this feature.

    ReplyDelete